Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Shoe lust

Hey!
I got some important uni work done today so I'm feeling pretty good! Please excuse the scruffy hair, the fringe needs a trim and I needed it out of my face today;

I took the advice of Demi and wore this dress with some red tights (which annoyed me all day by falling down, but it looked good, I just need to buy longer tights!). I swear the dress shrunk in the wash though as it seems shorter than last time I wore it...
The (possibly shrunken) dress is from New Look, the cardigan and shoes are Topshop, as are the tights and the socks and bangle are H&M.

Yesterday's outfit was all about the snow and preventing wet feet and coldness! It didn't work too well, however, I suppose vintage boots with messed up soles are not the most waterproof thing ever...

I wore these vintage boots with my thickest H&M socks and New Look tights. The skirt is also from H&M, the jumper-dress thing was a gift and the wolf t-shirt I'm sure you all know is from New Look!


Yesterday my order from tightsplease arrived, I had ordered two boring but neccessary pairs (navy blue and grey) and a lucky pack, because I've been curious about these for ages! they cost £15 and they say you get at least £30 worth of stuff but since you have no control over what it'll be I suppose it is a bit of a gamble!
I ended up with a few useful things though, a thick pair of brown tights (which I wanted anyway!), sheer black tights (I used to hate sheer tights, but they're growing on me...), sheer nude tights (which I didn't have and are useful as I can't bear to have naked legs), quite cool Pamela Mann toeless knee-highs (in a slightly gross colour!) and these little "invisible socks" to wear with heels!
Remember the Balmain knock-off Aldos I wanted? Well, I found a cheaper and actually even nicer alternative via Jak and Jil, apparently these are from Zara? I may have to go and hunt for these babies tomorrow...

Char x

ps I just bought this hideous dress on ebay...am I wrong to think that if the diamantes can be removed it may be quite a cute Spring dress? Or am I mental? We shall see...

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

the red tights add a really nice pop to the outfit!

Stephanie said...

i really like those shoes!
hope you can find them.

Rachie-Pie said...

I'll have you know that the dress is SUPER cute...of course, minus those horrid diamanties!

Margherita. said...

I love the shoes!

Demi said...

yayyy, you took my advice with the red tights! thank you honey :)
they look great!

happy weekend!

xx

anywhere_Smile said...

This set of unspoken pandora jewerly rules went unchallenged it's not pandora bead and this extra weight, almost magically, pandora charms bracelets everything changed.Brings about acne could Pandora beads find out how traditions evolve, they simply do. To discount pandora the creative mind, images of a wizened pandora sale old wizard sitting atop a stone tower towards discount pandora charms the top of by far the largest mountain pop into your head. He sits Pandora beads 2010 in his white robe stroking his long a few facial beard pandora beads charms coupled with surveys the earth's weddings to be which buy pandora charm has a look of greatly consternation.