Tuesday 16 September 2008

Browsing for a new look

Hey!
So, I mentioned in my previous post that I'd bought an eyebrow pencil and was gearing up to invest some time (not too mention pain and money in waxing!) in getting my eyebrows back to human-like proportions and looking less like some creepy Star Trek character! Whilst I do not relish the thought of growing my brows back in and being seen in public quite possibly sporting a monobrow, I do want nice face-shaping brows so I'm gonna suck it up and be brave, hopefully it'll be worth it! Also, it means I have created a "beauty" category on the blog, which is pretty cool. You guys have any questions for Sea and I, about our make-up or anything else blog-related? You probably don't see much of my face since I tend to cut it off kind of accidentally-on-purpose when taking early morning shots!

According to Style.com, eyebrow pencils were used at the 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall '09 show to create "strong eyebrows straight out of the eighties", not too sure that they're really that '80s but I guess I wasn't born till '87 so I'm no expert! It also says that the make-up artist drew them in one by one, you will not see me doing that! I have very little patience where daily make-up is concearned (though for special occasions I do love a good set of fake eyelashes!). I'm thinking these may not translate from runway to real-life, however;

But imagine these bad boys, but kinda neater looking, pretty much without the individually drawn on strays. Nice, no?

ps the mouse is back, and this time he's not under my bed but is mingling with my shoes under the wardrobe. My flatmate and I have decided to call in the professionals.

Char x

5 comments:

Ariella said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes... haha, yes, it is quite spooky that our birthdays are so close and that we both wore pearls, haha...
Anyway, tomorrow is your birthday, right? So happy birthday for then!

Oh, I want an eyebrow pencil too, but whenever I've tried one I find that my eyebrows look so fake somehow.

Victoria-Olivia said...

It's past midnight so happy birthday!!! i hope you have a fab day! I've used h&m eyebrow pencils for years, they last forever and look pretty decent!

Rebecca Jane said...

eyebrow pencils are a bit hard to use sometimes, I find, but when you use them it makes such a great difference! And I like the ones in the photos minus strays as well, pretty!

..... said...

a new look......why not !!?

DaisyChain said...

Eyebrow waxing isn't as bad as you might think.
I get mine done a lot (I know someone who owns a salon!) and even the first time it barely hurt.

I use an eyebrow pencil most days just to keep things tidy, which one do you have?

xxx