Thursday 22 May 2008

Getting down to business

Hello!
I mentioned before my new job and the strict dress code there and after reading on the clothes horse I was comforted to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with dressing appropriatly for work. The rules are much more explicit for us than the often-used, loose term "business casual". Basically at all times I must wear a suit jacket, which has to be a "muted" colour like black or grey, skirts are allowed but no short trousers. Shoes are black or muted too. How to wear tailoring without being really dull and how to do it on a budget? There are cheaper suits available but it's tough for me, being tall, as they don't tend to fit well. There is nothing worse than an ill-fitting suit. I actually have been meaning to take pictures of my pathetic attempts at work wear thus far but I always seem to be rushing out the door!

Looking at pretty pictures on style.com made me think that, perhaps, with enough imagination suits don't have to be boring.


Gucci, Phi, Nina Ricci

If I'm not too tired after work tomorrow I'll take a trip to H&M, where I've found the best selection of suits/work wear on the high street so far. I am so looking forward to a day off to dress how I please!

Char x x x

No comments: