Saturday 10 May 2008

Again, fashion is art

Hello!
I posted before about how I believe that fashion is art and seeing the Kirsten Dunst for Miu Miu campaign again in this month's Elle UK (I went to Borders in search of Vogue Nippon - I want to see Hello Kitty in Dior!), I was once again reminded of this. Those fabulous sunglasses, reminded me so much of the work of Scottish Artist Charles Rennie Mackintosh. My mum's a big fan of his work and I have to agree with her, even decades after it was produced it seems fresh and clean. I think my mum also likes him because he's from Glasgow, and she's also from the West Coast.

See the similiarity?


I wasn't able to find many images of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's work that wasn't tacky rip-offs, so this book cover will have to do!

I really did like the whole campaign with Kirsten Dunst, though I'm not a massie fan of her as an actress. This season's Miu Miu is great but that striped dress worn by Kirsten in the ads was ruined forever for me when it was worn (badly) by Geri Halliwell of Spice Girls fame in this months UK Glamour.
I'm not in the greatest mood today after working all day in crazy heat because the aircon was broken, I realise that I live in Scotland but factoring in all the machinery and junk in my work, it really was hot! I came home after a 9 hour shift to find a huge mess left by my selfish idiot of a flatmate. Not at all fashion related, just needed to vent!
Char x x x
image credits - i am fashion, amazon.co.uk

No comments: